Sunday, May 11, 2014

This Is Life

It Doesn't Matter If You Don’t (Life)
Our Broken Rhythm


I made a compromise when I first said “hello” to you
It took a while for me to process what that was
You made a compromise when you found my name, too
It took us ages to realise we were broken


I made a compromise by allowing you to be my friend
It was a hard thing for me - letting you in
You made a compromise giving me your heart to lend
It was a struggle for us every moment


We didn't listen to each other for a while
It was a stupid thing for me to do
We had a hard time coming back together
I guess there wasn't any rhythm


But I'm trying my best to show you I care
If you'll open up I’ll show you that it’s worth it
You are beautiful now so please don't disappear

My hands are always longing for your touch



I Wish, I Wish, I Wish...

I didn’t want you to dazzle me, honestly!
I mean, it’s not like I was out looking for heartbreak
I didn’t want you to smile too big or tell me you cared
It’s perfectly reasonable for me to want detachment

There’s not much to say about my artistic mind
or about how I get feelings so easily
It’s a pity, for sure, I’ll admit that
And it’s not like you helped at all by loving me when I wanted to die

So when I look at your bright eyes;
your white teeth;
your perfect skin;
your long hair:
dark, flowing, silky;
you, gorgeous in every way
I don’t want to be asking myself things like
“What did I do wrong?”
“How did I mess up?”

“Where did you go?”
In fact I’d rather I’d never felt nothing or anything however you put it
I’d rather I’d never met you or at least rather was blind
and on top of that I wish I was stupid
So I could never realise your brilliant worth
And could never love as a route to more hurt

No comments:

Post a Comment